There is a verbal underpinning to every human action.
You might say that you are breathing, and there is no verbal underpinning to that. It is just happening. I am not talking about that level of action.
Take engagement with non-duality as a good example, (teaching it, or being taught). The verbal underpinnings that are accepted by both parties are three.
- There is a such a thing as personal awakening that can appear as an event.
- I teacher, declare that I have it.
- I teacher declare that you will some day have it too (or someday know that you have it).
"My life experience as a teacher and my point of view, (perhaps a view from no-point) is assuredly more complete than yours. I know because I used to live like you."
Wow - is this a useful construction? Let’s see what its effect is.
- First it sets up a hierarchy. It seems to give more honor to one human life than it does to another. It creates the have’s and the have-not’s.
- It creates a sort of arrogance that possesses certain people to value their life experience more than what they’ve heard about other people’s experience.
- It creates a special group that knows, and the masses who live repetitive, mundane, and suffering lives. It gleefully calls them "not ready".
- It insulates that “superior” group and suggests to them that they can fix what’s broken in the world by their actions and attitudes, or by their inactions and pure state of watching.
Let’s take a typical statement. “The happenings on what appears to be outside just seem to reflect what happens inside. It's all just what's happening.”
- One group may completely internalize this statement from their similar no-point of view. That's fine, I have nothing to say about it. I dare say there are very few that we are talking to.
- One group will completely agree, not really internalizing it, but from a kind of a logic, (the moment is infinitely short in which nothing can happen in the true field of reality, etc. etc.). This is a pretty big group that take on this new programming. It is just living life from another fixed idea, as has always been done. The effect on them is numbing. Life still has the same ups and downs and recycling of experience as before.
- Of course millions simply don’t get it, and billions don’t give a damn. Sorry to say this is also a huge comment on the ineffectiveness of the teaching. It is only spiritual speak after all. It is only for the initiated, the pre-programmed, and it defines the masses as “not ready”.
Would it be of value to find a communication that would perk up the ears with recognition for the billions, get the millions to engage in positive change with their life and in their circumstances, and transform the lives of those previously declaring what they don’t know to be true?
And for that amall group that know and internalize the no-point of view? Who gives a damn about those two dozen people. Their lack of a center is their problem. Or they claim that they have it all together anyhow. (They're not teachable about anything.) They don't need it.